Skip to main content

The Bracelet

She had a way with words, and he hardly ever spoke,
She was careless and free, and he fixed all she broke,
She ranted on for ages, and he was content to just listen,
She tried to let it go unseen, but he saw the tear glisten,
She didn't want to tell anyone, and he never tried to ask,
She didn't show it much, her feelings were always masked,
She wouldn't communicate, though to him she often talked,
She thought he didn't notice, and his intelligence she mocked,

The year was a year of trial for him, and he repeatedly failed,
The attempts he cautiously advanced, she repeatedly assailed,
The fears and worries he had about her, were getting bolstered,
The rebukes that he got from her, his dread they slowly fostered,
The repelling and rude ways and anger, didn't get him to surrender,
The first day she left early, he peeked into her office and calender,
The year gone past he couldn't see, it was wiped neat and clean,
The past and present he read, and got shocked at all that had been.

That day she fell ill, leaving early, and he left early too,
That taxi of her's he followed, as through the traffic it flew,
That evening she was looking pretty, he noticed and forgot not,
That she had worn a certain bracelet, which he had once bought,
That evening was the one she chose, the time to end it all,
That car-ride was the first time, that she didn't pick his call,
That bracelet given by him, it hid a very deep wound,
That was her own doing, by her past she was bound.

He found her alone, crying as she crumpled on the roadside,
He still didn't ask her what happened, but she decided to confide,
He never had imagined all of it, but he bore it with indulgence,
He listened to her words of sorrow, poison and vengeance,
He was moved to tears, when he heard what she'd planned,
He consoled her all he could, her trust at last he gained,
He saw the last of tears, and brought back the first smile,
He was permitted in her heart, she never was again hostile.

When love is universal, why's it said it's only for the pretty?
When someone is scarred or impaired, why do they get only pity?
When she was pretty but was abused, why not treat her with dignity?
When he isn't a verbose guy, why does that speak his ineligibility?
When an attachment breaks, why does that reduce his or her geniality?
When he prefers a guy not a girl, why does that imply impurity?
When we all hate stereotypes, why do so many of us fall prey?
When we all are born to live, why do so few of us stay?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internship: The beginning

So I've noticed, and I'm sure you have too, how my blog has no real (or maybe way too little) information about me. It's all mostly a collection of vague poems, deep emotions and disturbing recollections. The reason for the exclusion of my life adventures from this blog is not insane paranoia about my private life, but the general lack of happening events that my life presents. Now that I'm on an intern in Canada for the summers, I thought I'd make this blog a little more personal, and let all you (if there are any) people get a glance at what I hope will be a happening and tale-worthy part of my life. Leaving any space is always quite hard. However, this last semester was like an iron club in pendulum motion, and every time I stood up, it hit me back down, periodically. Bashed and beaten by this semester, the approaching date of departure for my intern happened to be a date I wished upon myself faster, and hence as life is generally known to do, came crawling sl

Choices

There was a time when I'd do anything for you, When I'd trade my sleep, just so you slept without jostles, When I'd say anything I could, just to make you smile, When all my air had, were beautiful castles, That was the time when a single smile from you, Was enough to brighten my darkened day, When just to see the light of your face once, My whole life's aspirations at stake I'd lay, Then I felt the change, the cold, don't know if you felt it too, A pull from somewhere a little far, from somewhere between me and you, I went on to hold new hands and make new dreams, Held on, as some old ones came at the seams, But through all of the new as I walked here and there, I kept one thing in my mind throughout, No matter where the pulls of growing up took me, I'd keep you within my sight, without doubt, But for a second when once I looked away, To dream dreams of happiness, of freedom, of beauty, In that second some pull made you disappear, Wa

My Water Bubble

Some people think they know themselves. So well. Every facet, every thought, every reaction seems to bring no surprise. And I never was one of them. But then, I thought I had the basics right. A person who can manage fairly good in academics, quite comfortable with elocution, clumsy as hell in anything to do with sports or grace, okay at friendship, good at maintaining relationships, and really senti whenever things ended. But then, everyone's life has that moment. If you're lucky, you'll have not just one, but many of these. This moment alerts you to some change in you, some parts of you flipped inside out, to show colours which never existed on your spectrum before. This change can be a slow, subtle and calm one, or it can be a huge bang, boom and splash. The calm one is peaceful, so where's the fun in that? The banging change is the one that turns your world upside down, making everything topsy-turvy and is something every adrenaline junkie eyes. I never knew I was