Skip to main content

One missing piece

When the day ends bad, I'm wary of the night,
I lay down and try to sleep with all my might,
But its not so easy, to close up and doze off,
Coz all the stress in the day isn't quite enough,
My mind wants more of thoughts and retrospection,
More of all the regrets, remembrance and reflection,
This is the time when I need you to console,
Just when I am all but sucked into this huge black hole,
I miss the most what I never had and always wanted,
Someone to make me feel less scared and daunted,
Someone to rely on every day and day-after,
Someone who can bring back all the lost laughter,
Or maybe just share with me in my quietest silence,
And help me count the imaginary sheep over the fence,
Someone who understands my thought through my eye,
Someone who doesn't talk scold, reprove or lie,
Who asks no questions or explanations,
And understands all these crazy complications,
That plague me and my whimsical, mad brain,
Someone who will never ever fake or feign,
Whatever I need in the utmost measure,
Just for his own gain and pleasure,
Someone who will take away all the hurt and pain,
Without any selfish greed for personal gain,
Someone who loves me more than the world,
And considers me more than just a little girl,
And this is when I utterly pine for the most,
That which I had so unfairly and truly lost,
A childhood gone barren, a teenage soulless,
Just because of a single companion less,
A little tail-wagging, furry beauty,
Who doesn't need any rules or duty,
Who would add an air so divine,
A bark, a whine, a beautiful shine,
To my little house, its windows and doors,
As he prances around on all little fours,
A sibling, a child, a brother true,
To grow up with me and protect me too,
I miss you Oh puppy I never had!
I miss you so much it makes me sad,
And if ever another childhood is bestowed on me,
You, and me, inseparable we shall be,
And while this is not usually to be done,
You shall surely be my Horcrux number one. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you wish to be?

They asked me a million times, the same thing over and over. "Who do you want to be when you grow up?", they said. Somehow this question has been a constant safe resort for all the distant or close uncles and aunts I (and most of you, I'm sure) have had. They always are interested in our future plans, though often forgetting our answers within the next blink of an eye. Somehow it has collectively become a part and parcel of the Indian (and now worldwide, it seems) psyche, that a person is worthy of notice only if he's working towards some end, passionately. Another thing is, this question that I fully dissected by gauging the motives behind, the tone of and the way of asking, has evolved into something that needs a 'materialistic' answer. I mean, there's this famous saying wherein a kid said "I wanna be happy" when asked this question, and was thought to be simple and innocent by the adults who most probably returned with the same question a few...

The end of the world

If the world ended tomorrow, how would I feel? Would I be sad to see the end? Or think it no big deal? If the world ended tomorrow, would I cry? That with all my things in the world, me and my memories must die? I think it would be a catastrophe, of the greatest kind. I'd be miserable and lost and maybe out of my mind There'd be so much I had to say, so much I kept back, That I thought I had the time for, but it was time that I lack. There'd be memories and stories That'd die with me A lot of love and hurt, a lot of you and me. There'd be more than hurt, a lot of affection and love Which I share with beings but I rarely ever show For it's those you love, that you take for granted but its them you always need but they hardly feel wanted I'd want to yell it out From the top of the world That I've led a great life, and have liked and been loved. That I've been lucky to share these times With you and your smiles...

The torn blanket

I can barely breathe. As I feel the whoosh whoosh of my seemingly scarce breaths, I want to tell you a story. My story. I was born with 8 siblings, and our mom was a single mom. She didn't ever tell us about our dad, and we never pestered her, as she was good enough for both. She would give us all we needed, keep us warm and happy. She was the main focus in our lives, we would do whatever she asked, and she rarely, if ever, was wrong. Though she wasn't a very emotional woman, I knew she loved me a little better than my siblings. Maybe because I was a little weak at times, got a cold and fever too often. I still remember how once when we were kids, and others were ridiculing me for feeling cold all the time, she had bought a new blanket, a unique one, made by an old woman who was the only obstetrician and also a magic-worker in my mom's village. She had silently walked in while we tossed and turned in our sleep, and covered me with it, and I don't think I ever felt more...