Skip to main content

One missing piece

When the day ends bad, I'm wary of the night,
I lay down and try to sleep with all my might,
But its not so easy, to close up and doze off,
Coz all the stress in the day isn't quite enough,
My mind wants more of thoughts and retrospection,
More of all the regrets, remembrance and reflection,
This is the time when I need you to console,
Just when I am all but sucked into this huge black hole,
I miss the most what I never had and always wanted,
Someone to make me feel less scared and daunted,
Someone to rely on every day and day-after,
Someone who can bring back all the lost laughter,
Or maybe just share with me in my quietest silence,
And help me count the imaginary sheep over the fence,
Someone who understands my thought through my eye,
Someone who doesn't talk scold, reprove or lie,
Who asks no questions or explanations,
And understands all these crazy complications,
That plague me and my whimsical, mad brain,
Someone who will never ever fake or feign,
Whatever I need in the utmost measure,
Just for his own gain and pleasure,
Someone who will take away all the hurt and pain,
Without any selfish greed for personal gain,
Someone who loves me more than the world,
And considers me more than just a little girl,
And this is when I utterly pine for the most,
That which I had so unfairly and truly lost,
A childhood gone barren, a teenage soulless,
Just because of a single companion less,
A little tail-wagging, furry beauty,
Who doesn't need any rules or duty,
Who would add an air so divine,
A bark, a whine, a beautiful shine,
To my little house, its windows and doors,
As he prances around on all little fours,
A sibling, a child, a brother true,
To grow up with me and protect me too,
I miss you Oh puppy I never had!
I miss you so much it makes me sad,
And if ever another childhood is bestowed on me,
You, and me, inseparable we shall be,
And while this is not usually to be done,
You shall surely be my Horcrux number one. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internship: The beginning

So I've noticed, and I'm sure you have too, how my blog has no real (or maybe way too little) information about me. It's all mostly a collection of vague poems, deep emotions and disturbing recollections. The reason for the exclusion of my life adventures from this blog is not insane paranoia about my private life, but the general lack of happening events that my life presents. Now that I'm on an intern in Canada for the summers, I thought I'd make this blog a little more personal, and let all you (if there are any) people get a glance at what I hope will be a happening and tale-worthy part of my life. Leaving any space is always quite hard. However, this last semester was like an iron club in pendulum motion, and every time I stood up, it hit me back down, periodically. Bashed and beaten by this semester, the approaching date of departure for my intern happened to be a date I wished upon myself faster, and hence as life is generally known to do, came crawling sl

Choices

There was a time when I'd do anything for you, When I'd trade my sleep, just so you slept without jostles, When I'd say anything I could, just to make you smile, When all my air had, were beautiful castles, That was the time when a single smile from you, Was enough to brighten my darkened day, When just to see the light of your face once, My whole life's aspirations at stake I'd lay, Then I felt the change, the cold, don't know if you felt it too, A pull from somewhere a little far, from somewhere between me and you, I went on to hold new hands and make new dreams, Held on, as some old ones came at the seams, But through all of the new as I walked here and there, I kept one thing in my mind throughout, No matter where the pulls of growing up took me, I'd keep you within my sight, without doubt, But for a second when once I looked away, To dream dreams of happiness, of freedom, of beauty, In that second some pull made you disappear, Wa

My Water Bubble

Some people think they know themselves. So well. Every facet, every thought, every reaction seems to bring no surprise. And I never was one of them. But then, I thought I had the basics right. A person who can manage fairly good in academics, quite comfortable with elocution, clumsy as hell in anything to do with sports or grace, okay at friendship, good at maintaining relationships, and really senti whenever things ended. But then, everyone's life has that moment. If you're lucky, you'll have not just one, but many of these. This moment alerts you to some change in you, some parts of you flipped inside out, to show colours which never existed on your spectrum before. This change can be a slow, subtle and calm one, or it can be a huge bang, boom and splash. The calm one is peaceful, so where's the fun in that? The banging change is the one that turns your world upside down, making everything topsy-turvy and is something every adrenaline junkie eyes. I never knew I was